APERÇU DE L’ENTREPRISE
Fever-Tree is the world's leading supplier of premium carbonated mixers for alcoholic spirits by retail sales value, with distribution to over 75 countries internationally.
Based in the UK, the brand was launched in 2005 by Charles Rolls and Tim Warrillow to provide high quality mixers which could accompany the growing demand for premium spirits. The Group now sells a range of carbonated mixers to hotels, restaurants, bars and cafes ("On Trade") as well as supermarkets and off-licenses for retail purchase ("Off Trade"). A
The Group's mixers are designed to be accompaniments for alcoholic spirits or used in cocktails, although they can also be consumed on their own. The range now includes Tonics, Ginger Ales, Ginger Beer, Cola, Sodas and Lemonades, offering both regular and Refreshingly Light (lowcalorie) variants.
Our Mission - To combine the highest quality naturally sourced ingredients with expert manufacturing techniques to produce an unrivalled drinks experience.
CAPITALISING ON MARKET TRENDS
The twin drivers of spirits premiumisation and the move towards simple long drink mixability continue to gather pace across the globe.
The continued popularity of a premium gin and tonic across the UK and Western Europe, the emergence of the Spritz serve, the resurgence of the Moscow Mule in the USA and the global opportunity within the wider dark spirits category all reflect the growing prominence of long-mixed drinks.
We will continue to tell our unique brand story far and wide, using the most compelling messaging to differentiate Fever-Tree and reinforce our position as pioneers of the Premium Mixer category.
STRENGTHENING DISTRIBUTION IN EXISTING MARKETS AND IDENTIFYING NEW MARKETS
The Group intends to drive increased penetration in all of the markets in which it has established a presence, increasing the number of customers in both the On-Trade and Off-Trade.
There remain significant opportunities for further growth in the Group’s existing territories by expanding the Group’s distribution footprint, its customer penetration, and the volume of sales to each customer, particularly as awareness of Fever-Tree increases with end consumers in each territory.
The Group expects growth to continue to be driven mainly within its existing markets, while also generating growth in the medium to long term by entering certain new markets.
EXTENSION OF CO-PROMOTION STRATEGY WITH DRINKS PARTNERS
Reflecting the premiumisation movement across the beverage sector, global spirits companies are increasingly focused on promoting their higher margin “premium” products to customers as a long-mixed drink.
There is growing awareness of the role that the premium mixer plays in enabling the spirit to be consumed at different occasions during the day, many of which were previously the preserve of beer and wine. Spirits companies are increasingly tailoring their serve strategies to reflect this
Fever-Tree intends to drive growth from further involvement in co-branded promotional activities with both craft and global spirits brands across the wider spirits category reflecting the continued focus the category will receive.
The Group will continue to innovate and is dedicated to the development of the highest quality mixer drinks to complement the increasingly broad long mixed drink opportunity that is developing across spirits categories and across regions.
The Group’s innovation pipeline in terms of product development remains exciting with customers across both the On and Off-Trade increasingly receptive to our extended range of products.
This year has seen the Group launch a new range of Sodas for the UK market, as well as Pink Grapefruit Soda for the US market. While the On-Trade launch has been delayed due to the current shut-down, the range will be rolled out across our Off-Trade partners through the year.
As the Group’s global footprint continues to grow, the opportunity remains to extend our flavours and formats to ensure our products reflect the drinking habits and taste profiles for the region. To this end, we have launched a Sparkling Pink Grapefruit Soda in the US market. Positioned to be mixed with Tequila or Vodka, two of the largest spirits categories in that market, the new product will be available across both the On and Off-Trade.
AWARD WINNING, HIGHEST QUALITY PRODUCTS WITH GLOBALLY SOURCED INGREDIENTS AND PREMIUM PROVENANCE
- The Group* uses only the highest quality ingredients in its products, sourced from around the world.
- The founders, Charles and Tim, as well as the wider team, continue to travel the globe to discover the very highest quality ingredients for our products, forging long-standing relationships with our key suppliers.
- This premium provenance and direct method of sourcing is a clear differentiator from Fever-Tree’s mass-market competition and is key to our product quality and brand image.
- Fever-Tree's premium packaging supports this positioning and in order to protect product quality and being mindful of sustainable packaging our drinks are not sold in PET bottles.
A STRONG DISTINCTIVE BRAND WITH FIRST MOVER ADVANTAGE AHEAD OF SIGNIFICANT GLOBAL OPPORTUNITY
- Fever-Tree is the no.1 premium mixer brand globally and now sells in over 75 countries.
- As the pioneer and first mover, Fever-Tree has the brand equity, expertise, global footprint and track record that no other premium brand, whether local or the premium variant of mainstream brands, is able to match.
- The brand has been voted the no.1 best-selling and no.1 trending tonic water for the sixth year running by the world’s best bars in Drinks International’s Annual Brand Report.
EXPERIENCED FOUNDER-LED MANAGEMENT TEAM
- The Group’s management team and Board include the founders of the business, Charles and Tim, who have considerable experience in the mixers and premium spirits sectors and continue to foster the entrepreneurial culture within the business.
- The Executive Directors are also supported by an experienced operational team as well as outsourced partners with many years’ experience in the beverage industry.
SCALABLE BUSINESS MODEL
- The Group’s largely outsourced business model, underpinned by strong, well-established relationships, allows for scalability and operational flexibility while maintaining the highest quality control, without the requirement for major capital commitment from the Group.
- The Group continues to increase its footprint of outsourced production and manufactures in both the UK and Europe across seven different partners, with a new US bottling partner scheduled to begin production on the West Coast in 2020.
STRONG AND DIVERSE RELATIONSHIPS BUILT OVER MANY YEARS
- Led by its founders and built over 15 years, the Group has established productive, long-standing relationships with its importers, customers, ingredients suppliers, bottlers, spirits partners and employees. These relationships continue to evolve and remain at the heart of the Group’s business.
- The Group’s current revenue, and global opportunity ahead, is well diversified across geographies, channels, customers and products.