Fevertree USA Inc. (we, us and our) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy sets out our approach to data protection and data privacy, explaining why and how we may process your personal information where (also referred to here as "personal data"), including in relation to use of www.fevertree.com/en_us and related sites (Site), and your rights in relation to that information.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give to us. This is information about you that you give to us by completing forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register for our newsletter, enter a competition, promotion or survey, participate in social media functions, when you register as a trade user of our portal, place a trade order on our site, register for our Pairing Guide, send us a CV in connection with an advertised job vacancy or general enquiry regarding employment opportunities, report a problem with our Site and/or otherwise send a communication to us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers).
- How do you get my consent?
- You consent to our collection and use of the information we collect about you by using or accessing the Site.
- You consent to our collection and use of information you give us when you provide us with personal information by filing forms on our Site.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Please make all such requests by email to email@example.com or by phone to 347.735.5437.
Further, note that our Site does not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and does not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your person or non-personally identifiable information.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate purposes to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may use this information subject to your choices and preferences to make our site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
Type & duration
This stores any data that persists between page loads on the Site.
The saves information to a user profile.
This stores if the user has accepted cookies or not.
Third party cookies
Type & duration
Google analytics cookie used to distinguish users
Persistent (2 year expiry)
You can find more information here.
Google analytics cookies used to distinguish users
Persistent (24 hours expiry)
You can find more information here.
Hotjar cookie to distinguish user and sample
Persistent (1 year expiry)
You can find more information here.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, if you have ticked the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data indicating your consent to receiving marketing material from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure in our legitimate interests that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site under our terms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, and, in our legitimate interests, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our legitimate efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- for our legitimate interest of measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we may serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them in our legitimate interests and subject to your stated preferences where relevant.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates and group members, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, leaving feedback and ratings on our products, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing IT and other support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render us.
In the event that we undergo reorganization or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that reorganized entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site, us or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is important to us. The Site is intended for use only by persons who are at least 18 years of age. By using the Site, you confirm to us that you meet this requirement and that, if you are under the age of 18, you have received permission from your parent or guardian before using the Site or sending any personal information to us or anyone else online.
User Generated Content
We may make available on our Sites, or link to, features that allow you to share information online (e.g., on message boards, in comments to blog posts, through events, etc.). Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, that information becomes public and can be collected and used by others. We have no control over, and take no responsibility for, the use, storage or dissemination of such publicly-disclosed personal information. By posting personal information online in public forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties.
We place great importance on the security of all personal information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Our Site is based in the United States. If you are visiting from the European Union or other region with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and processing globally. By providing your information, you expressly consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy while acknowledging that privacy laws in the United States may be different, and in some cases, less protective, than those in effect in your jurisdiction.
Users in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) and Switzerland. If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies.
- Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing: As explained above, we process personal data in various ways depending upon your use of our Site. We process personal information on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
- Right to lodge a complaint: Users that reside in the EEA or Switzerland have the right pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
- Transfers: Information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities. We will ensure that transfers of personal data to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the GDPR.
- Individual Rights: If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal data prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
- The right to request data erasure. You have the right to have your data erased from our Site if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict or object to our processing. You have the right to restrict or object to our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
Storage of your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We use encrypted SSL technology on the Site. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We retain personal data for the duration of any actively engaged user of our Site and services and for a period after this time as necessary and relevant to our legitimate operations, our terms of service and in accordance with applicable law obligations. This may include retention necessary to identify, issue or resolve legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes. You may ask us to delete your information at any time and we will delete this information to the extent permitted by applicable law, document retention policy or court order. Further, you have the right to update, correct or modify information we may have about you at any time by using the contact form and/or details on the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we cease processing your data;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to request that your data be transferred to a third party.
We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also object to receiving further marketing by unsubscribing at any time without detriment.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080).
We and our affiliates, licensors and content providers are the owners of all the trademarks used on the Site. Third parties are not allowed to use and apply any of the trademarks, logos and identifying marks without our express written consent.